Its getting tight, Donald wins resoundingly in N.Y and can see the convention in his headlights. Cruz on the other hand is a man on a mission to stop Trump at any cost. The rhetoric is so passionate that end of world scenarios are being presented as consequences to Trump being selected as a the Republican Candidate and even taken office. As a lifelong Washingtonian, I believe their could be an upside to him as President.
If Donald Trump is elected the following might be possible:
- The White House becomes the upscale hotel that it was always meant to be.
- Haynes Point (DC) golf course finally gets the upgrade that everyone who has ever played on it has dreamed of.
- The 13 story building limit is removed in Washington and we finally get the 90 story buildings that offer the view fitting of such a lovely city.
- Metro becomes dependable as a working transportation mode.
- More parking spaces are created so that we can actually find legal places to park.
- An extension of bicycle paths are created that are actually safe for bicycles.
- The reflecting pool is filters are fixed so that the moss and algae that grow in it every year stop doing just that.
- The Vice President is given residence at the White House so we don’t have to stop in traffic for 30 minutes every time he goes to work down Mass Ave.
- White House state dinners are hosted by José Andrés and reservations will be taken. Donald and José will have made up by then and will be fast friends.